Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tools I Use

I am quite behind when it comes to the tools most advanced crafters use for their handmade cards. For one, I have no budget to buy those die-cutting machines. Second, I have very limited space to do my craft. Third, the country where I reside at the moment has only 2 scrapbooking supplies store and that leaves me with very little option.

I am resourceful so what I can find being thrown and lying just about anywhere in my home and somewhere else which can be used for my cards, I use!

So, to start with the card-making process, one should have at least the basic:

  • Crafter's scissor (This is a small but sharp and pointy scissor. So if you need to snip of intricate patterns, you should have this)
  • Big scissor
  • Card stocks
  • Glue Stick
  • Transparent Glue
  • Tape glue
  • Foam adhesives
  • Some patterned papers
  • Embellishments (I normally use the ones meant for scrapbooking!) - beads, glitter, stickers, chipboards, ready-made stickers, ribbons, brads, sequins, flat-back gemstones, florettes, etc.
  • Felt pens
  • Gel pens
  • Pencil
  • Cutting mat
  • Paper cutter
  • Crafter's knife
  • ...and lastly, tons and tons of creative ideas!

I mentioned earlier about die-cutting machines. Well, I am dreaming to have a Cricut Expression machine but I cannot afford it so I am doing the shape-cutting the old fashioned way.

Anyone can make cards. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments.


It's My Party
Handmade with LOVE
Home is Where the Heart Is
Red Lips and Pinky Toes